Efforts from businesses to go greener and more eco-friendly have been on the rise lately as models start to forecast an increase in demand for sustainable products and packaging. Consumers have become more aware of the effect fossil fuels can have on the environment and it shows in recent purchase patterns. When businesses take a stand and look for ways to lower their carbon footprint and go green, they not only anticipate those demands, they invest in their future and success as a company. Going green and ditching traditional packaging methods has many benefits both for the consumer and the business. Here are 5 major benefits to using sustainable packaging.
- Shows Environmental Responsibility – Showing consumers that you care about the environment and are willing to shift production towards a more eco-friendly approach, not only improves the image of the company, but it helps to expand your customer base too. It shows them that you support the environment and are willing to find ways to reduce as much waste and consumption as you can.
- Decreases Your Carbon Footprint – Using recycled non-toxic materials to package products is the best way to eliminate unnecessary waste that your company might be using or putting into landfills. You’re also giving consumers the chance to upcycle, reuse and recycle the packaging materials thus continuing to contribute to sustainable production efforts.
- Lowers Shipping Cost – Using sustainable packaging materials for your business can have more benefits than using traditional materials and methods. For one, sustainable packaging is usually much more durable, and two, the materials are generally more lightweight meaning your business will save on shipping and transportation costs.
- Avoids Toxins – Sustainable packaging is non-toxic and doesn’t cause allergies. So, you can rest easy knowing that the materials your business is using and sending off to consumers are not made of toxins or harmful plastics and they don’t cause allergic reactions.
- Adds Another Marketing Capability – When you commit to building a more eco-conscious and environmentally friendly brand or business, you’re essentially getting to add another element to your marketing and advertising methods. As we mentioned earlier, consumers are looking for brands that are aware of how much waste is being produced and are taking actions to reduce the waste and tip the scale towards sustainable change and eco-living. This makes your brand look even better and gives you more appeal as a business.
Using sustainable packaging benefits everyone involved including customers, businesses, and above all the environment. Businesses can cut costs on materials and shipping while creating a good impression on the public, while consumers can feel good about their purchase and use the sustainable material any way they want, like recycling and upcycling. Either way, the green movement is here, and it’s time we find conscious ways of giving back to the planet and reducing our waste in the process.